- Author: Peter J. Marchand
- ISBN: 9781934028421
- Part field guide, part natural history narrative, The Northern Forest will help you identify and understand the complex influences that shape the flora and fauna of the New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine woods
- Readable and enlightening, this book explores topics such as human’s influence on the history of the wild, adaptation of species at high elevations, the turning of the seasons, winter, and climate change
- Michaud’s approachable style makes this guide a valuable resource for specialists as well as hikers and nature lovers
- Includes illustrations and color photographs to help readers identify key plants and animals in different natural communities.
Ratings & Reviews