K2 Skis Men's Apache Ranger Skis w/ M2 10.0 Bindings:
The K2 Men's Apache Ranger Skis w/ M2 10.0 Bindings is ideal for the athletic all mountain skier who wants great performance at a great value. Excelling in all conditions and terrain, the 5 com is exceptionally versatile and has one of the widest performance envelopes in the K2 collection. This recreational performer comes complete with MOD Technology. The Apache RAnger has a playful 72mm waist that is wide enough to flow in the West yet perfect for hard snow groomers. The new K2/Marker M2 binding system provides smooth transitions and quick power transfer seldom seen on performance models in this category. The Ranger enters the Apache line as an exceptionally versatile ski built for the athletic skier seeking performance at an exceptional price. Combining revolutionary Mod Technology with an advanced 18mm sidecut and an stable 72mm platform, the Ranger delivers high levels of performance and value. The Ranger is K2's best bang for the buck for the athletic Intermediate to Expert All Mountain category. Still using proven Triaxial Braid procces and a lightweight Fir/Aspen core to keep your turns light and lively, the K2 Apache Ranger performance as an all-mountain ski has changed from a radial sidecut to a progressive sidecut. The result is the confident, quick initiation we desire for hard snow performance at the tip of the ski through underfoot, but with more forgiving, less aggressive turn shape from underfoot through the tail, allowing easier release in crud and powder.
- Material: Triaxial Braided: Developed by K2 in 1988, Triaxial Braiding is still the best known process of applying fiberglass to a wood core. This process consists of sending a milled core through the patented Triaxial Braiding machine, where the core is wrapped by interlocking strands of fiberglass. This unique method produces skis that have a great deal of torsional rigidity and strength, while maintaining all the lively characteristics of a wood core ski
- Torsion Box Construction: The Torsion Box construction is the foundation for the widest range of skis designed by K2. Depending on the dimensions of a ski and the amount of flex and torsion designed into it, one model of a Torsion Box ski can differ greatly from another. Built with a Triaxially Braided wood core, this construction is relatively simple (cheap) when compared to a metal laminate ski. Because of the versatility in this construction, Torsion Box constructions can be used to build everything from learning to expert skis. While there will be significant differences between a hellbent and a True Luv, they do share the common traits of ease, forgiveness, responsiveness, and energy that can be found in all Torsion Box skis.
- MOD Technology: Praised by magazine tests and validated by skiers around the world, MOD Technology has proven to be the ultimate in ski deign today. MOD combines an elastomeric secondary core that works as a high-performance suspension system and mass damper to provide the highest degree of ease, power, forgiveness and performance available in skis today. The amount, application and distribution of mass are keys to the success of MOD Technology. At K2, unlike any other manufacturer, our application of mass via the MOD structure doe not affect flex, allowing the ski to perform freely while MOD absorbs unwanted vibrations independently
- Marker M2 10.0 Bindings- The M2 Ski-Binding System is an integrated binding technology engineered by K2 and Marker. It is designed for high performance and recreational skiers alike, utilizing a floating toe and fixed heel design to generate more power, precision and quickness underfoot. The M2 systems' sleek design is graphically integrated into the look of the ski and both the apache and T:Nine series
- According to Skiing Magazine, "Want something skinny and responsive for arcing tight turns on sweet corduroy? MOD technology-a foam core paired with a solid-wood core beneath it-give you a chatter-free ride and a supple flex
- Recommended for: All-mountain Intermediate to Advanced
- Type of Ski: Mid-Fat
- Integrated Binding System
- Construction Type: Torsion Box Cap Construction
- Binding DIN: 2.5-10
- Turn Radius:15m @ 170cm
- Dimensions: 118/74/103mm
- * Handling fee and ground only shipping may apply to this product.