- Author: John Harlin III
- ISBN: 9781933056074
- This year's American Alpine Journal features Freddie Wilkinson and his all-star partners discovering still-unclimbed summits and awesome new routes in a remote corner of the Alaska Range
- Pakistan's fabled Charakusa Valley keeps producing stunning long rock routes and jaw-dropping alpine test pieces, as revealed by Steve House, Nicolas Favresse, and partners
- Even the Alps, where the sport began, keeps dishing out new challenges, including Miha Valic's tour de force: all 82 "official" 4,000-meter summits in a 102-day winter season
- Peter Hackett reports on the latest knowledge in high-altitude physiology, while Roger Payne provides an overview of current activities and the future potential of new-routing in Sikkim
- Plus more from Peru, Patagonia, and Yosemite.
Ratings & Reviews