- Author: Northern Forest Canoe Trail
- ISBN: 9781594850615
- The Northern Forest Canoe Trail (NFCT) links the waterways of New York, Vermont, Quebec, New Hampshire, and Maine
- This is the first official guidebook to the whole 740-mile trail and reflects the broad mission of the NFCT: To celebrate the rich human heritage and diverse natural environment of the Northern Forest by establishing a water trail that traces historic Native American travel routes across the region
- The route's variety of flat water, swift water, and whitewater-expanding across a range of rivers, streams, lakes, and ponds-provides extensive opportunities for canoe, kayak, and camping recreation
- Vibrant communities along the way offer inns, B&Bs, and museums, as well as other recreational and historical attractions
- This guidebook goes beyond route information to serve as a narrative of the natural, human, and cultural legacy of the region and its wonderful accessibility to visitors.