- Author: David Whitelaw
- ISBN: 9780898869842
- This guide is for climbers with busy lives who want to make the most of their time on the rock
- Trips can be completed in a day or two: most approaches are short, drive time from urban centers is noted, and estimated climbing times range from a few minutes to a full day for these routes rated 5.0 to 5.10a
- But-more important-these routes have been selected for quality of experience, rated on a three-star system
- There is something here for everyone: sandstone pinnacles, alpine granite, and cliffs rising above high desert terrain
- There are classic routes like Midway on Castle Rock (Washington's first rock climb and a super-classic 5.6, a great multi-pitch route for intermediate leaders) and routes in two previously unpublished areas, Banks Lake and The Half Moon Crags
- Other major climbing areas featured are Leavenworth, Index, Darrington, Tieton, Mount Erie, Exit 38, and Frenchman Coulee.